What is Makhana?
The Lily family’s Makhana/Phool Makhana plants, also known as lotus seeds or Fox nuts (Gorgon nuts), are typically grown in low-lying regions of India, China, and Japan for their starchy white edible seeds. Calcium and protein are plentiful in lotus seeds. They control blood pressure, are highly antioxidant, and are good for the heart, spleen, and kidneys.
Cravings for Makhana
The ghee-toasted makhana is a favourite midday snack in every family. Using makhana, we may prepare a wide range of dishes, including sweets, savoury foods, and curries for the main course. For additional information on how to incorporate flavoured makhana into your diet, visit the following links on this blog. Khoya Matar Makhana, Makhana Raita, Makhane ki Chaat, Caramelized Fox Nut Seeds, Falhari Makhana Chiwada.
Tomato Flavoured Makhana
In order to flavour the roasted Phool Makhana (Lotus seeds/Fox Nuts) with homemade tomato powder and some basic spice powders, it is called “Tomato Flavored Makhana.” The tomato-flavoured makhana serves as a delectable and guilt-free teatime or midday snack and has a quick, fuss-free, and simple recipe.
Ingredients for Tomato Flavoured Makhana
- 2 cups Foxnut or Makhana
- 1 teaspoon of oil or ghee
- one tablespoon of tomato powder
- one-half teaspoon of cheese powder (optional)
- Chaat masala, half a teaspoon
- Salt as desired
- For 4-5 minutes on a low to medium flame, roast makhana in 1 teaspoon oil or ghee till it becomes crispy and crunchy.
- While the roasted makhana is still hot, sprinkle tomato powder, cheese powder, Chaat masala, and salt to taste over it.
- Roughly combine the seasonings with the roasted makhana.
- The makhana should be thoroughly cooled before being placed in an airtight container.
- Together with your loved ones, savour the nutritious and delicious tomato makhana!
Would Love to Hear a Review from you!
I’m hoping you’ll enjoy tasting this tasty and healthful tomato-flavoured makhana from Vishnu Delight. If you do, please feel free to leave us a like or comment in the space provided below this post.
Your ideas are all more than welcome. It means a lot to me that you appreciate me. It inspires and motivates us to continue working hard and putting up our best effort at all times.